Wednesday, June 24, 2015

May-June 2015 Update

Hi there everyone. I've been getting lots of requests for updates over the past couple of months. I've been going through some major changes in my life at the moment and havent had a whole lot of time to put into Showtime 2. One thing I have been working on though is bumping up the game's resolution. The game has so far been built in 1366x768 resolution to allow gamers on laptops to still be able to play the game... I have been looking at options to "scale" the game for larger screen resolutions and I just havent been happy with the image quality which has been quite blurry. I ultimately decided to re-create all assets for the game at a HD 1920x1080 resolution. What this ultimately means is that the game will now be built at a HD 1920x1080 resolution and can then be scaled down to 1366x768 without any quality loss. This has been a very time consuming process but ultimately I think its worth it.

These changes have all been quite cosmetic so far so I really dont have a lot to show off, however next month I should have a really good update lined up with some juicy new features. Thank you all for the interest so far; I havent forgotten you guys and the game is certainly still a high priority for me. I apologise for keeping everyone in the dark but I promise I will have a proper update for you all by mid-July :) I've been dying to get back into programming the game but I certainly feel it was necessary to sort out the graphics while it was still relatively early in development. At this stage I anticipate the development will go into early 2016 before it is available on Steam's early access. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment