Saturday, October 21, 2017

October 2017 Update

I know, I know, its been a loooooonnng time between updates. The game is NOT dead, I have just been extremely busy this year with my business (the one that pays the bills) and literally have not had the energy or time to work on Showtime 2 as much as I would like. Progress has been slow but steady.

Going forward I have decided in order for the game to see the light of day before we all turn old and grey that some features will be scaled back or dropped altogether. I was probably a little too ambitious with the game to begin with. Instead, once the game sees a release then I will happily work on free updates once most of the features I originally intended to be in the game become a reality. While this may be disappointing for some to hear keep in mind that my vision for Showtime 2 grew about x10 larger than I anticipated way back when it was first announced. Also keep in mind the game has undertaken some massive changes since starting, including moving from VB6 to 2 other game engines and then back to Visual Studio 2017. The game also contains roughly x5 more game assets than the original game (which I have had to do all by myself) and probably double the amount of code in the original game (completely rewritten from scratch).

Thank you all for your interest, I hope to have something to show shortly but if I dont please dont take it that this is now vapourware, just believe that I have invested countless hours into this project and it WILL see the light of day; no one wants this out more than I do :) THANK YOU!

5 comments:

  1. I was playing Showtime this weekend, I am very much looking forward to a sequel. Thanks for giving us an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update, I was thinking this game was dead tbh. Also, on my pc, the original game seems to take progressively longer to load (almost freezing several times) as I get to the later years in the game; would you happen to know why this is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've waited this long, what's a few more months? I'm just glad to hear it hasn't been abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so relieved you wrote that you hasn't abandoned the sequel yet. I'm really looking forward to play this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glad to hear this. I can't wait. I have close to 100 hours played in showtime and I would gladly pay $60 for showtime 2!

    ReplyDelete